STUDY TRIP ACCROSS FRENCH VINEYARDS
The International Sommelier program led by the Université du vin of Suze-la-Rousse and ITHQ (Quebec Tourism and Hotel Institute) is offered to enhance the expertise, critical thinking and service quality of restaurant and wine professionals.
The third module of this high-end program «Wine regions of the world » includes a Study Trip from Lyon to Bordeaux, accross the French vineyards : the students will discover the different French wine regions, experiment the appellations and terroirs, and meet with their actors.
GUIDED BY AN INSTRUCTOR FROM THE UNIVERSITE DU VIN, EMBARK ON A UNIQUE LEARNING TRIP THROUGH THE FRENCH VINEYARDS FROM LYON TO BORDEAUX
2020 : SOUTHERN FRANCE TOUR
(2021 : NORTHERN FRANCE TOUR)
- DAY 1 : BEAUJOLAIS
- DAY 2 : NORTHERN RHONE
- DAY 3 : SOUTHERN RHONE
- DAY 4 : COTEAUX d’AIX-EN-PROVENCE
- DAY 5 : LANGUEDOC
- DAY 6 : ROUSSILLON
- DAY 7 : SOUTH-WEST
- DAY 8 : SAINT-EMILION
- DAY 9 : GRAVES / SAUTERNES
- DAY 10 : COGNAC
- DAY 11 : MEDOC
- JOUR 12 : BORDEAUX
An amazing opportunity to experiment what terroirs means, The program includes : introduction to each wine region, landscape interpretations, meeting with wine makers, merchants, coopers, nursery plant owners, and of course, wine tastings and food & wine pairing meals all along the Journey.
Eligibility to the Eductour program
- Be a professional of the wine business or a wine enthusiast with a solid general knowledge about wine and be passionnate enough to spend 12 days in the vineyards.
- Be at least 18 years old before the courses begin
- Have at least an intermediate knowledge of oral and written English & French
NB : for eligibility to International Sommelier Programm, refer to specific documentation
- Registration form to fill in and send back to us firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Université du Vin and the WINE PASSPORT Agency are in charge of the organisation of the Study Trip and will dedicate ressources to guide the group during the entire field trip.
Numéro agrément Atout France of our Partner, Wine Passport:IM 078120011
- France, accross French vineyards from Lyon to Bordeaux
- From May 11th to 22nd 2020
- 12 days / 11 nights
- 3 700,00€ including taxes / person
- 11 hôtel accomodation nights + travel by bus from Lyon to Bordeaux + return flight from Bordeaux to Lyon
- All the visits
- Meals – breakfast / lunch / diner
- Full time English speaking wine professionnal from the Université du vin
NB : personal extras are not included such as wine purchases or any other purchase during the trip.
NB: The Eductour can be privatised for a group of minimum 8 people. You are Professionals of the wine industry, wine lovers or wine passionnates who want to know more about the French vineyards? Please contact us for a special program : email@example.com