The International Sommelier program led by the Université du vin of Suze-la-Rousse is offered to enhance the expertise, critical thinking and service quality of restaurant and wine professionals.
The third module of this high-end program «Wine regions of the world » includes a Study Trip from Lyon to Bordeaux, accross the French vineyards : the students will discover the different French wine regions, experiment the appellations and terroirs, and meet with their actors.
The study trip is also accessible to wine fanatics outside of the International Sommelier Program.
GUIDED BY AN INSTRUCTOR FROM THE UNIVERSITE DU VIN, EMBARK ON A UNIQUE LEARNING TRIP THROUGH THE FRENCH VINEYARDS FROM LYON TO BORDEAUX
Next trip : SOUTHERN FRANCE TOUR
- DAY 1 : Starting point : Lyon – BEAUJOLAIS
- DAY 2 : NORTHERN RHONE
- DAY 3 : SOUTHERN RHONE
- DAY 4 : COTES DE PROVENCE
- DAY 5 : LANGUEDOC
- DAY 6 : ROUSSILLON
- DAY 7 : SOUTH-WEST
- DAY 8 : SAINT-EMILION
- DAY 9 : GRAVES / SAUTERNES
- DAY 10 : COGNAC
- DAY 11 : MEDOC
- JOUR 12 : BORDEAUX – Return Flight Bordeaux to Lyon
An amazing opportunity to experiment what terroirs means, The program includes : introduction to each wine region, landscape interpretations, meeting with wine makers, merchants, coopers, nursery plant owners, and of course, wine tastings and food & wine pairing meals all along the journey.
- Registration form to fill in and send back to us email@example.com
- The Université du Vin and the WINE PASSPORT Agency are in charge of the organisation of the Study Trip and will dedicate ressources to guide the group during the entire field trip.
Numéro agrément Atout France of our Partner, Wine Passport:IM 078120011
- France, accross French vineyards from Lyon to Bordeaux
Due to 2020 international context, we are unable to give you the fixed schedule of the next Study Trip – we are currently working on the new schedules – we will keep you updated on the new program as soon as we can.
- 12 days / 11 nights
Price : contact us for more info
- 11 accomodation nights + travel by bus from Lyon to Bordeaux + return flight from Bordeaux to Lyon
- All the visits
- Meals – breakfast / lunch / diner
- Full time English/French speaking wine professionnal from the Université du vin
NB : personal extras are not included such as wine purchases or any other purchase during the trip.
The Study Trip presentation and registration form will be available as soon as we can.
GOOD TO KNOW : The Study Trip can be privatised for a group of minimum 8 people. You are professionals of the wine industry, wine lovers or wine passionnates who want to know more about the French vineyards?
Please contact us for a special program : firstname.lastname@example.org